Monday, February 28, 2011

Kalsonnes's Peanut Butter Makeover

I was first thinking about just sticking in a spoonful of peanut butter into each wanton skin and seeing how that would come out. But then I thought that that isn't really kalsonnes. Kalsonnes is all about the cheese. So, instead I added a little bit of peanut butter to the cheese mixture. Now I could really find out if peanut butter will make kalsonnes better.

The Results: Mixed (Split right down the middle).

Mike, my father, and I all liked it. Sarah, my mother, and Sarah's friend all hated it.

I really liked it and don't understand what there is to hate about it. However, would I make it again? What I think I would do (and what I suggest you do) is when making the regular kalsonnes recipe, I would put aside 1/2 a cup of the cheese mixture, add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and make however many kalsonneses that makes. But I don't think I would ever make a whole batch of it like I would the pesto kalsonesses. So, while I liked it, it wasn't as big of a hit as the pesto version. And Sarah has found out sooner than she expected that peanut butter does not always make everything better.


Recipe:
For every cup of cheese mixture, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

Put a dollop of peanut butter/cheese mixture in each wanton skin, put water on all 4 sides, fold over.
Boil until the kalsonnes rise to the top. Eat and hopefully enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment